Today's Small Talk Six is all about lies. I really have to admit six lies I've told?? This may be tough, as I usually say what I think. But, here goes:
1. When I was 18, and living back at home, I weekly told my parents I was sleeping at my best friend's house, when I was really at my boyfriends. My boyfriend has now become my hubby, so I guess it all worked out.
2. When I was in high school, I called my mom (completely drunk) to say I was too tired to drive home so I was staying at a friend's house. I ended up sleeping on the office floor of Motel 6 where my brother worked after he picked me up. Industrial washing machines on the spin cycle are no fun when you're drunk.
3. For my son's 4th birthday, we let him get a kitten from my parents. She was awful, and obnoxious. We lied and explained how unhappy she was without her family and took her back a day or so later.
4. I hate when people ask me what I think of their recent hair cuts or other changes, so I know I've lied plenty of times, telling them how great they looked.
5. I've told hubby I'm sick when he's going away with his family when I'm really fine. I would much rather stay home and do my own thing!
6. Today, when work called me to work all weekend, I may have stretched the truth a bit. I really am sick, mostly sniffly and a generalized miserable. But I made it seem a bit worse so they wouldn't guilt me into covering everyone else's shifts.