Saturday, March 21, 2015

Chalk Paint Table: DIY

We've had a little table in our basement forever.  Hubby picked it up along the side of the road almost 10 years ago, and it's been used as a storage spot since.

Recently, I decided I wanted to change up our tiny dining nook, which is the first thing you see coming in our back door.  So I pulled the table out of the basement, bought a $2.50 can of paint from Walmart (Krylon Blue Ocean Breeze), and went to work.



To create the chalk paint effect, I mixed the 8oz container of paint with 2oz of Sheetrock Patch & Repair Compound that we already had at home.  I painted two layers all over the table and sealed it with Minwax Paste Finishing Wax (from Lowes for around $9).

So for under $15, we have a fresh, bright table in our little nook.  I also added these cute yellow place mats from Target (on clearance for under $2).


No comments: