Friday, December 4, 2009

Holey Donuts Review

Do you have a donut-lover in your house?

I have two, one big and one little. And unfortunately, anytime hubby gets groceries he comes home with several huge donuts. I always worry about just how much fat and how many calories both the boys are consuming as they down them.

We recently were introduced to Holey Donuts. Their donuts, donut holes, and cinnamon buns contain a fraction of the calories and fat compared to others. Holey Donut products are handmade and delivered to your door frozen. They can be defrosted and served right away or kept frozen for a special occasion.

The newest product, Low Fat Cinnamon Bun Middles, each contain only 80-100 calories and have just over 1 gram of total fat, with zero trans fats and zero saturated fat. Plus, they contain less than 20 grams of total carbohydrates. There are no artificial sweeteners used and 2 grams of dietary fiber. Because each one is handmade with the same care that would go into a fine pastry, they do vary slightly.There is a huge assortment of flavors: from Blueberry Vanilla Cinnamon Buns to Caramel Apple and Strawberry Shortcake donuts. Plus flavors like Raspberry Fudge, Vanilla Coconut, and Chocolate Crumb. They all sound heavenly.

The idea of low-fat donuts scare you? Don't let it! Their products are delicious! We were able to taste test several of the cinnamon buns, and no one was able to tell that they were low-fat. My little one devoured his first and begged for more (and then requested another for breakfast and dessert the following night.)

(And yes, we have dessert in the living room...on the couch.)

I'm not a donut person. I rarely eat them at all because I hate the heavy feeling they leave me with. So I was the biggest skeptic. And even I found them mouth-watering. They are moist and flavorful without leaving me feeling guilty for enjoying one. I felt full afterward, but not heavy.

Holey Donuts may just have a made a donut-lover out of me too. I know that I can't wait until tomorrow morning when I promised Little Man we could have cinnamon buns for breakfast.

Buy It
Holey Donuts can be ordered from their website, with prices ranging from $11.95 to $16.95, plus shipping charges, which vary by area as the donuts must be shipped express. Be sure to sign up for their newsletter to receive special discounts and offers.

Thanks to Holey Donuts for providing samples for our review. All opinions are our own.

3 comments:

Tabitha Blue said...

Ohhh, I've heard of these before, but had completely forgotten about them. Those cinnamon buns look delish!! Thanks for sharing :)

2Wired2Tired said...

Great review! I never trusted the low fat or low calorie donuts figuring they couldn't taste very good. But you have me sold. Those look delicious!

Nicole Feliciano said...

that was one tasty assignment!