Getting ready for the holidays is stressful enough. There are presents to buy (and wrap and hide), cookies to bake, houses to clean. Then there's the holiday meal. Not only does it involve time I often can't find, it also includes spending money I haven't budgeted in during the holiday season.
I assume I'm not alone in feeling this way, as Walmart has teamed up with Chef Aarón Sánchez to offer tips on cooking a holiday meal for under $30.
Walmart’s $30 Christmas feast for eight includes:
- One 10-pound spiral cut half-ham
- Three 8-ounce cans Del Monte Green Beans
- One 10-pound bag of Russet potatoes
- One 12-count package of Sara Lee dinner rolls
- One 10 inch Pumpkin Pie
- Shrimp Tray (5 servings)
- Vegetable Tray (10 servings)
- Hillshire Farms Little Smokies (8 servings)
- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (6 servings)
- Land O’Lakes Egg Nog (8 servings)
- Red Velvet cake
Plus, we buy most of our groceries at Walmart. It not only saves us money, compared to the prices at other grocery stores nearby, but we can pick up our dinner supplies while doing our last minute shopping.
Be sure to check out Walmart's Holiday Meal page to find recipes and tips for the holiday season.
Two lucky readers will receive a $30 gift card to Walmart
To enter: Tell me your best money-saving tip.
Want extra entries? (Leave separate comments for each)
- Follow me on Blogger
- Grab my button
- Add me to your blog roll
- Follow me on Twitter (Leave your username)
- Tweet this giveaway (Leave link)
- Blog about this giveaway with a link to this post. (Leave your link)
Giveaway ends 12/31 at 11:59 pm EST. Winner will be notified via email. Open to US only.
I wrote this while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Walmart. In addition, I received a Walmart gift certificate to thank me for taking the time to participate and two to offer as a giveaway.