Add More ~ing To Your Life by Gabrielle Bernstein is one of the more upbeat, positive books I've found lately. With a tagline that reads: A Hip Guide to Happiness, should I have really expected any differently?! (Okay, and it has the cutest, eye-catching cover ever.)
I started reading the book while waiting for my computer to get cleaned early this week. I was frustrated after getting hit with a computer virus, annoyed that I had to spend my day running around trying to get it fixed. Luckily, I had brought along my copy of Add More ~ing To Your Life, because it got me through what could have been a maddening afternoon. Honestly, I didn't even realize I had been at the computer shop for almost two hours because I was so absorbed in the book.
About the book:
Become a glass-half full kind of person with Bernstein’s "~ing Equation." It’s a thirty-day adventurous repetition of physical activity, positive affirmations and creative visualization that will bulldoze your negative thought patterns to create constructive change and move you forward. From releasing romantic illusions to stretching beyond your ego, the ~ing Equation can be applied to an infinite number of areas to reach serenity and set yourself free.
Test-drive the three simple steps of the ~ing Equation:
- Rethinking – Retell your stories and actively replace negative thoughts with upbeat ideas. Unhealed issues are the ego’s playground for nasty self-beliefs – don’t let these beliefs overpower your new thoughts.
- Moving – Match up a physical activity with each area of life that needs a makeover to allow a change in those negative aspects on both a mind and body level.
- Receiving x 30 days – Start by meditating to let go of the left brain’s practicality and welcome the right brain’s intuition and creativity. Immediately following, do a stream-of-consciousness "~ing writing" exercise, an opportunity to spill those unconscious thoughts onto the page. The thirty-day repetition of the ~ing Equation will allow you to truly experience results.
Add More ~ing To Your Life provides such an easy to follow, positive spin on life. This is one self-help book that I've taken quite a bit from. I'm excited to put her ideas into practice and see how beneficial it can be in my life as well. I can't wait to turn myself into an ~ing girl too.
Add More ~ing To Your Life retails for $14.99
One lucky reader will win a copy of the book.
To enter: Visit Add More ~ing and tell me one thing you learned.
Want extra entries? (Leave separate comments for each)
- Follow me on Blogger
- Grab my button
- Add me to your blog roll
- Follow me on Twitter (Leave your username)
- Tweet this giveaway (Leave link)
- Blog about this giveaway with a link to this post. (Leave your link)
Giveaway ends 2/6 at 11:59 pm EST. Winner will be notified via email. Open to US only.
A copy of the book was provided for review. All opinions are my own.