Friday, September 24, 2010

Complete Randomness and Fall

Fridays are chaotic around here. Well, lately, it seems that every day brings a little chaos with it.

The phone rings the second I sit down, the emails pile up, then it's time for soccer, for dinner, for work. It seems that I should have so much extra time with Little Man being at school every day, but 4 o'clock rolls around and I realize I haven't crossed a single thing off my to do list. Which grows and grows every minute it seems.
But, I did take the time this week to notice fall making an appearance. Even though the temperatures are well over 90 today, there are still hints of fall out there. The leaves have started to change. The pumpkins and gourds are growing.
Fortunately though, the tomatoes are still coming on. I picked two huge containers full this week and now have "sun-dried" tomatoes in the freezer for winter.
Peppers are cut up in the freezer too.
And Little Man is on his fall field trip today. I'm trying not to be too annoyed that there were too many volunteers for chaperones and I couldn't enjoy the day with him. (It's not working so well though.) But I'm hoping he had fun and didn't melt in the heat.
Yay for fall! Now if only I could find a few more hours in the day. I might actually feel like I got something done.

10 comments:

sheila said...

Okay, how do you freeze peppers? Just cut them up? Or do you blanche them first?

Pretty-ful post!

Barely Domestic Mama said...

Love the pictures! I'm hoping one day we'll get settled down enough for me to try my hand at gardening.

Amber said...

Oh my gosh, that produce is gorgeous! Yum! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower.

Ms D said...

Oh look at all the YUMMY veggies you have! Nothing in the world, like home grown veggies!!

Frantic Holly said...

Love all the colors in your photos. DH keeps asking for a garden but hes never home long enough to take care of it

Aleksandra Nearing said...

LOL I am always wishing for a few more hours in the day. Love the cat and veggies and bracelet pics :) Who could ask for anything more than that?

Enjoy your week and thanks for stopping by!

Susie said...

Cool randomness:-)

Stefani @ MommyEnterprises.com said...

My daughter LOVES silly bands. She literally has about 100 on her wrists each day.

Abby said...

Love all the goodies from you garden! They look good!

Jennifer said...

Oh, I love the sweet kitty. Wish my garden was as plentiful as yours- it looks fabulous! I, too, am curious about the pepper-freezing.