Friday, September 10, 2010

End of Summer Smoothies with Dole

While I'm loving the sudden onset of fall weather these past few days, I was far from ready to say goodbye to summer. To celebrate the end of the season, we recently hosted an end of the summer party with smoothies from Dole.

Dole offers a variety of frozen fruits including Blackberries, Blueberries, Dark Sweet Cherries, Mango, Pineapple Chunks, Raspberries, Sliced Peaches, Sliced Strawberries, Sliced Strawberries in Sugar Tub, Whole Strawberries, Wild Blueberries, Wildly Nutritious Mixed Berries, Wildly Nutritious Mixed Fruit, and Wildly Nutritious Tropical Fruit. We picked up a few different varieties so that everyone at our party could design their own smoothie.

So which smoothie creations turned into favorites?

First of all, the Dark Sweet Cherry Smoothie was a hit. We combined vanilla yogurt, Dole's Dark Sweet Cherries, cherry juice, and a little ice in the blender to create a smoothie that was a mix of sweet and tart.
The second favorite was the Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie. We used Dole's Blueberries and Whole Strawberries, plain yogurt, and apple juice. Everyone agreed that it was a delicious combo.

Another smoothie that was quickly devoured was the Wildly Nutritious Mixed Fruit Smoothie. Using Dole's Wildly Nutritious Mixed Fruit as the base, we added yogurt, and pineapple juice. The Wildly Nutritious Mixed Fruit includes pineapple, strawberries, peaches, honeydew, and mangoes. Yum!Saying goodbye to summer is tough, but celebrating definitely made the end of summer a little better.

Dole's frozen fruits are easy to use and good for you. I love that I can easily store a few bags of Dole's frozen fruit in my freezer and have custom smoothies any time throughout the year. Plus, I bet the fruit would taste amazing on top of ice cream sundaes!

Product was provided for us to host a Dole Smoothie party. All opinions are our own. We really do love our smoothie creations!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Yummy! I am going to check out the frozen section next time I go to the store. My little man can use all the fruit he can eat and I am sure he would love to get it in a smoothie.

Kathy said...

Yummy! I am going to check out the frozen section next time I go to the store. My little man can use all the fruit he can eat and I am sure he would love to get it in a smoothie.

Simply Being Mommy said...

Um....that looks yummy and the Dark Sweet cherry sounds awesome.