Thursday, October 9, 2008

What Kind of Mom Am I?

There's so many classifications of moms these days. You can be a stay-at-home mom, a working mom, a work-at-home mom, a breast feeding mom, a bottle feeding mom, the list goes on and on. Everyone always wants to put us in a category. I've decided I don't fit into such a neat little box.

I'm the kind of mom who let's her child jump on the couch, and the bed. The kind of mom who thinks giggles and hugs are much more important than being on time and being proper. The kind of mom who lets her kid run loose at home, but expects him to act respectful to others.

I'm a stay-at-home, go-to-work, somewhere-in-the-middle mom. It's nice to have options, to have change a few days a week. I'd hate to work full-time, I love staying at home. Yet, if I was home every day, I think I'd go crazy.

I like being the mom who bakes with the little one, the one who taught him to write his name, the one who builds with K*Nex. I like being the one who comes home to hear, "I missed you" and giggle when GM tells people his mommy is "a working girl." I'm sure I'll enjoy the day I have to explain that he shouldn't use those exact words when telling his teacher what his mommy does.

Right now, I think I've found a perfect place, somewhere in between all those boxes.

3 comments:

Becky W. said...

Hi, Staci,

You left a comment on my blog, so I decided to find you! Did you find me through MOMDOT? I love your banner (header?) and your little badge. I am wondering how to get me one of those!

I am with you on the figuring out what kind of mom to be thing! Wait until there's more than 1, then you have to start figuring everything out all over again!

Nice to meet ya!

Becky

danette said...

Sweet post, LOL about your son's comment :). My twins used to think I literally "made" money at my job. One day they asked for some quarters and I didn't have any, so they told me I needed to go back to work to make some more quarters :). I can only imagine what they told their teachers...

CMP said...

that is such a sweet post. we are labeled about everything under the sun and a lot of times tend to get judged (unfairly) based on those labels....