Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Blog Party Day 11: Food!


Welcome to Day 11 of MomDot's blog party! Tomorrow is the last day, and winners will be announced starting Friday. I'm very, very late posting my answer to today's question, but I don't feel too bad since my intro to the post was up at MomDot hours ago.

Today's Sponsors:
Shishu Style and Mimsi Bags.

Today's Question:
If you could only pick one food to eat on Thanksgiving, what would it be? Do you have a home-cooked meal or eat out? Does your family dress up?

There are so many yummy choices, that it's almost impossible to pick only one food that I could feast on at Thanksgiving. But, since I'm forced to make a choice, it would have to be our homemade mac & cheese. Let me start by explaining that I'm lactose intolerant, so I rarely eat anything with milk or cheese. But on Thanksgiving I'll chow down on some vanilla flavored chalk pills and take my risks with this delicious comfort food. I actually just finished baking it tonight, and it seems to be calling my name from the fridge.

We have never eaten out on Thanksgiving. I waitress part-time, and a restaurant is the last place I want to be on the holiday. This year is a little different because it's the first time my mom isn't making the meal. She has a lot going on, so my sister and I are taking over the chef duties this year. You may recall me mentioning that my culinary skills are not so hot (ok, they kind of stink), but I'm doing my best, and so far everything looks pretty good.

Our meals are laid back. Honestly, no one would care if you showed up in your pajamas. I usually wear something nice, but casual. There's no need to get all dressed up to spend the day helping in the kitchen, and no one's offended if I come to the table with mashed potatoes on my shirt or cake frosting in my hair. I think it's nice to be able to relax and enjoy the meal with family, no matter what we all are wearing.

5 comments:

Tena said...

I love me so homemade mac and cheese, it is just one of those comfort foods.... yummers

Unknown said...

ummmmmmmm... can't wait for tomorrow!

Momstart said...

that is what we had last year

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

It's been a fun party! Thanks for all the comments!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sarah said...

Ok. Next e-mail to me better include the mac N cheese recipe because I can't make it to save my life!