Friday, April 2, 2010

Missing

At bath time Monday night, Little Man bumped his chin off the side. After realizing he was okay, I watched as his little face contorted a bit. His tongue stuck out for just a second, and he proceeded to spit into his hand.
Out flew the elusive first loose tooth. That same tooth has been loose for a month. And I've spent a month watching him wiggle it back and forth. (Which has grossed me out beyond belief. There's something I just can't handle about loose teeth. A fact I learned last month when the niece had her first loose tooth and constantly wiggled and jiggled it. Going as far as to ask if I wanted to touch it. Uh, no.)

Much to Little Man's excitement, the Tooth Fairy made her first visit to our house Monday night. I'm told she came exactly at midnight, and even though he tried his hardest to stay up all night, he fell asleep right before she got there.

Being squeamish about teeth, I personally wasn't thrilled about sticking a tooth under his pillow. My luck, it would get lost in his bed and the Tooth Fairy wouldn't be able to find it in the middle of the night. This kid is known to kick and flip and end up with pillows all over the bed and floor by morning.

So I was thrilled to find the idea of the Tooth Fairy Jar. The lost tooth was dropped into a jar full of water and Little Man placed it on his dresser to wait for the fairy's appearance. When she came for the tooth, she turned the water blue (food coloring) and left a little glitter behind, as well as a crisp one dollar bill. Two more teeth are now loose, so I have the feeling it won't be long before the Tooth Fairy visits again and Little Man is showing off a toothless little grin.

6 comments:

Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

Congrats on losing the tooth! Loose teeth totally gross me out too.

Rob said...

I remember when my son lost his 1st tooth. They look so red necky with missing teeth but they are still cute. LOL.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

How are you?
Hope that you enjoy a beautiful Monday!

incredible post!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/04/04/easter-sunday-awards-to-fill-your-basket/

Happy Belated Easter!

Ms D said...

Yeah! Congrats on him losing his tooth! What a cute idea for the tooth fairy!!!

Lori Carey said...

I LOVE that idea! How neat! Whenever my daughter does the whole "look at my loose tooth" mom thing - I cringe - I can handle blood anywhere else EXCEPT in a mouth!