Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Our Easter

I've mentioned before that I'm not a fan of big family get-togethers. I love my family. I love seeing them all. But put them all under one roof for more than 10 minutes, and the tension starts brewing.

So while I was annoyed to be working on Easter morning, I was relieved to do the big family hoopla on Saturday, and get it out of the way. It gave me all of Sunday afternoon to relax.

Well, relax, and fly kites, and hunt for imaginary dragons, and go a little crazy.The little one spent the afternoon running around, trying to crash kites. Which is apparently more fun than flying them. And he tried to learn to whistle with grass. Which was a big flop for him. He was so jealous of mommy's skills.
But we had lots of fun. It was one of the best holidays we've had in a long time. There was no rushing around, no dressing up, no stress.

8 comments:

Felicia said...

It looks like you all had a great time! I know, it really can be stressful to have that many relatives under one roof!

LdybugSammi said...

agreed! Holidays should be spent in PJ's with take out food!

Rob said...

Stress Free holidays are my favorite kind. To bad we don't have alot of those. LOL.

Amanda said...

The holidays with no running and no obligations are the best! Glad you had a great day!

catherine B said...

I LOVE a casual, no stress holiday! Stopping by from the UBP :)

Unknown said...

Bless his heart - I can't whistle through grass either, or through an acorn, which both my boys learned to do in Cub Scouts - SIGH! Love all your pics, though!

Lisa said...

Love that first shot. Great capture of action. Thanks for your comments on my blog.

persewaan mobil said...

nice holiday
have a fun