Friday, April 23, 2010

Something Nice to Say...

Sometimes I worry. I worry that I don't know what I'm doing. I worry that I'm not a good parent.

Then again, maybe the fact that I worry means I am a good parent.

Sometimes, Little Man does something so simple, but it shows me that I must be doing something right. Now don't get me wrong. He has moments of chaos, days moments where he doesn't listen.

But then I find sweet little notes he's left for me.

(I love you mom to the end of the world.)

And I hear stories about school. How a little girl came to class, upset with her new haircut and Little Man went over to tell her that it looked nice. (Even if he confided in me later that he really liked it better the way it used to be.)

He's a good kid. And every second of chaos, every time he "doesn't hear" me, is completely worth it.

Sometimes, I just need to remind myself of that.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

that just melted my heart!

Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

Awww, this made me all teary-eyed. What an amazing little man you have.

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Aw, how sweet! Such a great little man!

The Calhoun Clique said...

How Sweet! I love that.

Amanda said...

It's nice to get those little affirmations that they really are listening when it counts.

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

we all need a reality check from time to time. Thanks for sharing your little love notes!

Lisa P@www.isitmondayalready.com said...

That is so nice!

kanishk said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.