Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday Randomness

It's been one of those days. I feel like I've run here, there, and everywhere, but never left the house. It seems like I've started to do so many things, but haven't accomplished anything. So for today, just complete randomness here too.

Let's see, I made a completely yummy and simple corn casserole for dinner. I'm a veggie nut! I'm far from vegetarian, but I could easily make a meal out of side dishes. Here's how simple it was:
Mix together 1 can of corn, 1 can cream corn, 1 cup milk, 1 egg, and 1 pouch of corn muffin mix. Bake at 375 for 35 minutes. I ate so much of it, I only had room for two bites of chicken. Hubby was annoyed he spent so much time grilling. Oops!

I got the cubby under the tv organized today. We store all of GM's coloring books, crayons, etc down there. He's excited to be able to find things easily. When daddy came home, he proudly announced, "Mommy and me organized today. You gotta see it!" Next job is the toy bins, it looks like someone threw up toys all over our living room, nothing stays in them anymore. Every time I go to put away another Matchbox away, they all come tumbling down, and I bite my tongue to keep from swearing at them.

Tomorrow, we are finally going out to the safari park. GM is so excited. He made me tell him every animal we might see about 50 times today. "Lemurs, (what else?) deer, (what else?) buffalo, (what else?) capybara, (what else?) peacock..." Ahh! I'm looking forward to it though too. It's been far too long since we've had a family day.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

That recipe sounds really good. Do I use 8 oz cans or 14 oz cans? I am going to try it! I have those days of running around and feeling like I haven't accomplished anything. Ugh!