Friday, September 19, 2008

Ready for Fall

I've mentioned it before, but I absolutely love fall. It is, by far, my favorite time of the year. It's not just the cooler temperatures, the falling leaves, and the lack of bugs, it everything. It's drinking warm apple cider bought from a little roadside stand. It's wearing sweaters, and carving pumpkins, and fresh fall skies.

Tomorrow marks the official start of fall for us. Every year we head out to this huge festival, and for me, that's a sign autumn is here. The festival is amazing, it's a members only (me feeling superior for exactly one second) event that thousands of people attend. The food and activities are all free, they sell homemade goods, and have games for the little ones.

Needless to say, I am so excited! I can't wait to spend the day making spin art with the little ones (it'll be GM, Little M, and Little C-my 1 year old nephew). I can't wait to stuff myself with fries, chicken corn soup, and cotton candy. And I can't wait to buy some yummy homemade fruit salsa and pick up some gourds to adorn our front porch.

Here's a bit of last year's excitement:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I wish it would cool off here. It's still in the mid- to high 90s! And humid! Icky!

I have something for you HERE.

Sara said...

Oh, you're gonna have so much fun! That cotton candy shot looks so yummy!

I love Fall. Today was pretty cool outside and I secretly said YIPEE as I went through the bins of outgrown clothes to pass on pants and long sleeve shirts for my 18 month old.. courtesy of his older brother.

Emily ~ Little Window Shoppe said...

I love fall festivals, they really do get me excited about upcoming holidays too! What a cute picture, your little guy looks so happy.