Friday, September 19, 2008

Sleep...what sleep?

Hubby and I are lazy. Neither one of enjoys getting up early, and each morning it creates such drama. He thinks I should feel sorry for him because he has to go to work. Sorry for him? Are you kidding me? He's the one who averages 6 hours more sleep a week than me. Yep, I sat down and figured it out. That's just how I am.

On a typical day, I go to bed later and get up earlier. I'm the only one who gets up with GM in the middle of the night, every night. In four years, I've slept through the night twice. I can even tell you exactly when, once right after his 4 month check up when he was too exhausted to wake me up, and once when I had pneumonia, and spent the night on the couch.

Morning comes much to early this morning, so I let GM play and watch cartoons while I tried my best to catch 20 extra minutes of sleep. Somehow in that time, he stepped on the hubby's head. No idea how or why, but he did, and hubby started yelling. Of course, the inevitably leads to me getting up. I make GM apologize and ask the hubby if he has anything to say. The only response, "umm, no."

Are you kidding me, yet again? A grown man can't apoligize to a 4-year-old? I just wanted to kick him right out of the bed and scream obscenities at him. Then he finally makes his way downstairs right before 10, because god-forbid he gets up before 9:30, and gives me the stink eye! No need to think about why GM stepped on his head, because at that point, I completely understood, I wanted to step on his head too.

No comments: