Sunday, July 26, 2009

An Animal Rescuer Party

I mentioned last week how much I love party planning. I'm still not ready for little man's birthday-in 2 weeks. I'm starting to feel the stress. There are still decorations to make, present to buy, favors to find, a pinata to make, and the list goes on.

But, I thought I'd show you a little from last years party. Our theme was Animal Rescuers-a mix between Bindi the Jungle Girl and Diego.

Bindi's treehouse cake:
Jaguar cake:
Pinata:

For lunch we served roll up sandwiches, beef bbq, and sweet and sour meatballs. We had trail mix, chips, and pretzels to munch on, and ice cream, of course.

I'm not a game planner at all. I think it's easier just to put out activities that kids can do as they please. Last year's party was spent playing with our cat, finding treasures in the toy bins, and playing ball in the yard.

When they kid's left, they each got a favor bag containing crayons, a coloring book, stickers, homemade lollipops, animal crackers, and a few other small items. The few older kids who came received animal print notebooks and pens.

All in all, it was a big success. Check back later in the week to see our other themes from years past!

18 comments:

PropellerHeadMom said...

Those are awesome looking cakes! Great job! I love the pinata too! My son's birthday party is next Sunday. I know what you mean about feeling the stress! Ugh!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

That is a pretty sweet ckae!

Theta Mom said...

WOW, that is amazing! You are talented making those cakes!! I love theme parties, I'm not sure what I'll be doing this year...I know what you mean about the stress of it all, but in the end, it's all worth it when their faces light up! Looking forward to more posts form you! I am now following. :)

koreen (aka: winn) said...

That's awesome. The whole party looks really well put together. And if everyone had a good time, then it really is a success! =)

Pink Haired Momma said...

I am so loving those cakes! wow how awesome! I love theme parties myself. I have been putting theme together forever!! Now that Baby DIVA is almost 1 i cant wait to get her bday parties going! I am also having a theme wedding!! Masquerade ball on Halloween!!

So just curious how did you make that AWESOME jaguar cake??? that is just amazing!!

patty said...

the cakes are fabulous!! hope this year's goes well! :)

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

They almost look like the real thing. That takes so much talent.

Mad Mom said...

Sounds like such a fun party!!! Love the cake too :)

Maria said...

Staci- Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have to echo the other comments...what amazing cakes! My baking skills are fairly limited, not sure my daughter will have anything that fabulous for her birthdays :)

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness, I need to know how to make that jaguar cake. Seriously. (Oh, and hello there... just stopping by from BlogHop. :)

Unknown said...

Those cakes are awesome!! I wish I could decorate cakes like that!

KayceeT said...

Wow! You are awesome! I wish I had the cake decorating skills you have. I HATE party planning...have one in less than 2 months. Thanks for getting me thinking about it again! LOL!

Tabitha Blue said...

Sounds like a fun party... I'm sure this one will be just as fun, and cute! Goodness, I'd better get started in my girl's party, it's just over a month away, geesh!!

:)
~Tabitha

PropellerHeadMom said...

Hi again Staci! Sorry for the second comment. I promise I am not stalking you :-)

I received a blog award and I have been asked to pass it on. So I would like to pass it on to you! If you get a chance, please stop by and claim it.

Have a great day!

Susie said...

Those cakes are awesome!!! What a great party! It will be neat to see what you come up with this year:-)

Anonymous said...

Two cakes -- that's my kind of party. That jaguar cake is gorgeous! The only problem is that my little guy would fall in love with it and refuse to eat it -- or let anyone else for that matter!! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that loves kid's parties.

Chrissy said...

What a great theme! The cakes are so cool, and the menu sounds great too. Everyone loves a party. :-) I can't wait to see what you do this year!

sheila said...

AWESOME! And love love love that jag cake! WOW!