Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Got Milk?

I live in a household where running out of milk is an absolutely tragic. The second someone uses the end of the jug, you can be sure little man will request a cup of it.

I'm happy with his love for milk. He'll take it anyway he can get it: plain, chocolate, or strawberry. With his picky eating habit, I love that milk provides calcium and protein, as well as various vitamins and minerals. Mom Central has teamed up with the Milk Council to get the word out about Why Milk? The site features celeb milk mustaches, tips and tools to live well, and recipes. We tried out the Blueberry Blast Smoothie (with fresh berries since we have way too many), and it was delicious. It gained two thumbs up all around in our house.

Milk is also one of the most cost efficient summer snack choices-at 25 cents a cup. It's been found to provide more nutrition per cent than almost any other drink choice. Since studies show 92% of moms are looking for more nutritionally sound snack choices, milk should definitely be a staple for snack time.
So does your family Got Milk?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are unfortunately lactose intolerant in our household (at least the adults, Baby Soup most likely will be after puberty based on the generations). But thank goodness for Lactaid Milk! All the joys of regular milk, without the lactose. It also tastes a bit sweeter than regular milk because of breaking down the sugars.

My Trendy Tykes said...

My kids love their milk. I am a milk snob though.....Hubby likes skim or fat free and I have to drink WHOLE. I just can't drink the other stuff. Instead of buying two different kinds I just cave and get it for him.

Needless to say, I haven't been drinking enough lately.

MommaD said...

My boyz love milk...although I am not at all pleased that our doctor told me they each need different fat contents...my refrigerator is looking like the dairy section of the grocery store!

JosiahsMommy said...

Great post. My little guy is allergic to milk but I'm hoping he outgrows that.