Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Oh Boys

The things with boys is that they love the simple things.
We spent Saturday afternoon setting bug traps and searching for creepy crawlies.
The (un)fortunate few to be caught were promptly put in our "catcher."

Even the slimey ones that left an icky trail of goop behind were dropped inside.

Though fortunately some critters were spotted before they were found by little ones.
They were trapped by much bigger hands and set free far from houses.

Our day ended with little fingers digging in the dirt, cookies in the other hand.
And mommy trying to ignore the amounts of dirt they most likely consumed with those Oreos.
It definitely is the simple things that get the biggest smiles.
(And mommy won't even mention the bug jar that got left open on the dining room table or the bug she squished crawling across her dinner plate. Nope, would never mention that part.)

14 comments:

Chrissy said...

I am not a bug girl, but what fun for boys! And I'm all for the oreos - and the smiles. :-) Although NOT the dinner plate bug part - yuck! (What a good mommy though.)

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

Boys are the greatest. I've even built up a resistance to gagging at the site of worms because of them :)

Clarissa said...

I remember the days of bug catching when I was a young one. Sigh. Though some of the bugs seem to always turn out to be the non-friendly ones here.

Annie said...

that is one thing I am NOT looking forward to when my little Bubs gets older LOL I hate creepy crawlies

Momstart said...

Oh man, I just look at my son and hate to think of what creepy crawly things he's going to bring my way

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Oh I just don't know how you do it...I don't care for bugs:)

Trish said...

Oh gross about the open jar! :D

RachelFerrucci- MamaRucci said...

I think the best part was the oreos!! The boys are adorable and they can come get my bugs out of the garden anytime!


@RachelFerrucci

http://mamarucci.wordpress.com/2009/08/12/wordlesswednesday/

April said...

Oh all my kids both boys and girls love bugs...and I hate them. I am deathly afraid of frogs and of course they love that!

Laurie said...

Ewww lol. Mine bring me bugs and all sorts of stuff. I run inside telling them it scares mommy lol.

Emily @ Busy Mommy said...

Bugs and oreos. Great combination :)

Bloggymommy said...

Wow! Looks like a fun day. But Eeeek on the snake!

Haasiegirl said...

i have a girl but she does this too!

trisha
momdot.com

lisa@gardenofmany said...

Those are great pictures, I love the one of the snake. We actually are in the middle of purchasing 2 snakes for the kids !