Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday's Amusing Moment: Maniac

We're getting out of the car at Wendy's (somehow all amusing stories seem to revolve around that place), and I have the Gibbon by the hand. We could hear a car rounding the building, so we were patiently waiting for it to pass.

As it did, the little teeny bopper in his lifted truck felt the need to rev his engine. So in response, my sweet little 4-year-old throws his hands on his hips and screams "MANIAC!" at the top of his little lungs.

Now this wouldn't have been too bad, had the parking lot not been filled with lots of other people who stopped what they were doing to stare, some to smile in understanding. At first, I was a little embarrassed, but then the giggles took over instead.

Where did he learn it? I have no idea, he explained, "Brainiac, maniac, they sound the same."

5 comments:

Sarah said...

It's a lot harder to dodge responsibility for the things they say now that I'm home with them all the time. Tuck pulled out "Have you lost your mind?" on his father the other day and the looks I got would have stopped a train.

Shannon said...

And I'm in a hurry to get my little ones to talk why? That's really cute though!

A Psych Mommy said...

LOL, that's too funny! Kids say the cutest things, don't they?

Anonymous said...

I love it when kids say funny things. Cute!

Trish said...

That is so funny! I was babysitting a 4 year old not that long ago and we were walking to the Redbox to return some movies. There was a group of skater guys in the parking lot and as we walked by them she said, "What's up Dudes?" I couldn't help but smile. As we left one even came over to her and said "What's up Dudette!" It was quite the funny moment.