Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Homemade Mac & Cheese

I'm not a fan of macaroni and cheese. I could never eat it out of the box, just the thought of it turns me off. I'm officially a blue-box hater. Then, my mom made this recipe for baked mac and cheese, and I couldn't get enough. I'm in love.

I'd thought I'd share it with ya'll, so you can enjoy just as much as I do.

Ingredients:
1 box of elbow macaroni
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
5 cups milk
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook pasta according to box, drain, and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Melt butter in large pot over medium heat.
4. Stir in flour. Slowly pour in milk, add salt and pepper, if desired.
5. Stir continuously until sauce begins to thicken. Bring sauce just to the point of boiling, but don't allow to fully boil.
6. Slowly add cheese to sauce, stir until all is blended.
7. Combine sauce with pasta in large baking ban. Bake for 30 minutes.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds delicious, I'm definitely going to try it!

Trish said...

Ooh, yummy! That might be just the thing for dinner tonight!