Saturday, March 14, 2009

Trapping a Leprechaun

Usually, we don't do much to celebrate St Patrick's Day. We dress in green, maybe make some green treats, and hubby and I have a drink after the little one's in bed. Last year, we were on vacation over St Paddy's Day, so we didn't have the chance to do much.

This year, we are trapping a Leprechaun. We spent hours thinking up a plan to lure him in and building a trap.

The plan according to the Gibbon: The Leprechaun sneaks in looking for the treasure chest of gold. When he spots the tornado, he runs up the ladder without noticing the trap door and falls in. The smiley rainbow tricks them into thinking it's not a trap.

How do you celebrate St Patrick's Day?

8 comments:

Sandy said...

Love it!

Bloggymommy said...

What a cute idea! You sound like a fun mommy! :)

We dress up in green and pinch each other anyway. We also make green treats and sometimes go to a St. Patty's Day festival!

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Very cute!

danette said...

How cute! We usually don't do much for St. Patrick's Day, but this year our twins each had an assignment to make a leprechaun trap for school, so we worked on those this weekend. I love yours, it turned out great!

jen said...

adorable! how fun ...
thanks for stopping by my blog the other day! how did your registration go??

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I was just talking about this yesterday because I remember trying to trap a leprechaun when I was little. It was always such a big deal! You guys did a great job on the trap. I used to go to the parade in New York with my dad on St. Patrick's Day, but this year I won't be doing much other than eating corned beef and soda bread.

Anonymous said...

St. Patrick's Day snuck up on me this year so we have kind of skipped it. This will be a great idea for next year!

Shannon said...

I had to read this post too... seriously be my mom? You are fun!