Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday's Amusing Moment: Name in the Snow

Yesterday, the Gibbon runs from the bathroom, and out of nowhere asks, how do I write my name in the snow, Mommy?

In response, I asked how to make a G. He wiggled his finger in the air, showing me the outline of the letter.

When I told him he'd have to wriggle his booty an awful lot to write his name in the snow, he dropped it without any other questions. I guess it wasn't worth the effort.

Now, I'm dreading that he'll repeat his question in Kindergarten next winter. The teacher asks him to practice his name, and he'll respond can I write in the snow?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww. It does sound like a lot of work, haha. I'm hoping there won't be any more snow this year! Besides, writing your name with a stick in the sand (preferably on some beautiful beach) is easier. ;-)

Unknown said...

That is TOO funny! Long names are rough. If his name had been Ty, he would have been begging to go outside, don't you think?

tara said...

hahaha! that is cute! boys...