Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mrs. Dash Review

There are lots of reasons behind my ventures to eat healthier lately. I want to feel better, look better, and have more energy. So I've gone to a lot of effort to cut out excess sugars, salts, and additives. We've been cooking from scratch more often and using a lot more fresh ingredients.

We recently had the chance to try Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime Seasoning Blend. The new seasonings, also available in Caribbean Citrus, are all natural, salt-free, and do not contain MSG. The Fiesta Lime combines sweet chili peppers, cumin, paprika, and cayenne, among other spices.We tested out the Fiesta Lime on grilled chicken this week, and it added a wonderful flavor to it. A bit spicy, but very yummy. I really like that it can be added to our meals without adding any extra salt.

But we did learn that a little goes a long way. Hubby was doing the cooking and added a little too much, but now we know for next time. And it looks like Mrs. Dash's Fiesta Lime will be a constant in our kitchen since the meal was quickly devoured.

Thanks to Mom Central for providing the product for review!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Fiesta Lime sounds like a good combination of flavors. I've tried a few varieties of Mrs. Dash, and I was hoping that they'd come out with a southwestern blend.

koreen (aka: winn) said...

It's really hard finding seasonings (or food) without MSG. I don't even know how long I've been without ramen noodles! This is really good to know! =)