Saturday, August 29, 2009

Small Talk Six: School Time

Want to join in? Go here to learn how and to view the weekly list Small Talk Six topics for 2009.

Today’s topic is “6 things you loved or hated about school.” You can answer this with a list of 6 words, 6 phrases, 6 sentences, 6 paragraphs, 6 photos, 6 videos, etc . . .

1. I loved seeing my friends year after year.

2. I loved writing papers. (I'm a nerd like that.)

3. I hated having to get up early every single day!

4. I hated taking tests. They always made me anxious.

5. I loved playing sports throughout the school year: cross country, track, soccer, and softball.

6. I hated getting a bad grade. I was a straight A student, but I remember getting an "N" in 4th grade (for not satisfactory). I tried to hide it in my desk so my parents wouldn't see it.

11 comments:

I am Harriet said...

I didn't like the sports until I did not have to do them.

Have a great Saturday!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/08/so-glad-to-have-great-looking-saturday.html

Unknown said...

I hated getting up in the morning!

Lucy postpartumillness.com said...

I love the last story. The N is 4th grade is killing me. Here are mine http://postpartumillness.com/node/128

Lucy

Kelly said...

Oh I hated writing papers. Great List Happy STS.

Here's mine
http://allthingsmadebykelly.blogspot.com/2009/08/small-talk-six-good-old-school-days.html

Heather said...

I didn't like waking up early either. My alarm would never make me get out of bed, my dad had to drag me out every day. I still don't like getting up early.

Tena said...

great list... man not sure why getting up early didn't make my hate list, still hate it, lol

Susan York Meyers said...

I love writing papers too.

God Bless,
Susan
Author of Callie and the Stepmother
http://susanameyers.blogspot.com/2009/08/small-talk-six_28.html

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Great list, I hated writing papers though. So bad I used to "panic". I also agree with getting up early. UGH

Lulu said...

Agree with you on #1

My entry

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

Getting good marks can be a lot of pressure especially when you young and in the 4th grade.

You loved writing papers? I'm sure that came in handy.

Cascia Talbert said...

I was not an athlete nor did I get strait A's. But when the school year started I looked forward to seeing my friends again.