Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Overwhelmed

I'm feeling overwhelmed this week. I haven't slept well and neither has little one. There's so much excitement and so much anxiety.

I need to: clean the house, shop for his birthday gift, make his cake and decorations, schedule his doctor's appointment, get his forms for school filled out (finally), finish school shopping, spend time cherishing our last few days of summer, and not lose my mind.

Every time I think of him going to school, I literally feel sick to my stomach. My eyes well up and I just feel so powerless. I know it sounds crazy. I'm just not ready to let go. For 5 years my world has revolved around him 24/7. We've been together constantly, and now that's all going to change.

I'm scared and I'm worried and I feel like I don't know what I'm doing. I don't want my baby to grow up.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww. it's hard to send them to school for the first time. that's probably why i homeschooled the first 4 years. then there were just tooooo many and i was so relieved to send them to school for a little while. and then i felt guilty. lol.

Haasiegirl said...

im so sorry. Sometimes you just need a breather. Take a bath, read a book, and think that when he is in school, you will get caught up!

trisha
momdot.com

ChurchPunkMom said...

awe, that sounds rough! and yeah, like Heather, part of why I homeschool.

I'm sure you'll both adjust soon enough and you'll find joy in all his new accomplishments that will help to soothe the hurt of missing him.

*hugs*

JosiahsMommy said...

*hugs* Awww it will be ok. After a week or so you'll be so happy to have some alone time. You'll love having him come home to tell you about his day! You'll get through it. Take a long hot bath and some time for yourself tonight.

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Don't worry...just make a to do list and start crossing it off as you go.

KayceeT said...

I'm feeling ya. Dropped mine off to "preschool" for the first time this morning. I was so sick with worry. He didn't seem to notice:)
Good luck with the upcoming changes!

Anonymous said...

There are many new things to look forward to -- when he brings home an art project he is proud of, when you go in for a visit or as guest reader and his eyes light up, when he tells you the fun he is having with his classmates and proudly introduces you to his friends. Hang in there :)

DairyQueen said...

i know how hard it is for the kiddos to grow up! I didn't want to move our younger daughter out of her crib - my husband made me do it!!

He's a cute fellow!