Saturday, August 8, 2009

Please Excuse the Interruption...

My basement is covered in water.
Everything stored down there is covered with mold.

The fridge just stopped working.
Right after I filled it with leftovers from the party today.

The gerbil popped out more babies.
The prelude to a 5 year old's birthday party was seeing the gerbils going at it again.
It may scar the poor kids for life.
I'm hoping they don't go home to tell their parents about our frisky little friends.

Meanwhile, I'm searching for the nearest hole or corner.
I think I may just stay in it until next week.

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Flood. Mold. Smelly leftovers. Gerbil sex. Gerbil babies. And a birthday party? Toots, if I were you I'd come out during Armageddon. You might be safer.

JosiahsMommy said...

Ohhh wow. You need some wine and a bubble bath STAT! *hugs*

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Oh no! I hope everything is ok. Try to enjoy your weekend:)

Theta Mom said...

Hope you are all doing ok after that...have a glass of wine and call it a day.

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Yikes! You don't mess around, do you! Hope stuff gets better. It's the mold that scares me. All the rest is just "life". Take care. =)

Cascia Talbert said...

Hang in there. I know what it is like to have a flooded basement. That happened to us a few years back. It's frustrating when life throws a bunch of hurdles at you all at once. Take one thing at a time and before long everything will be back to normal.

Tabitha Blue said...

Oh my, you really do have your hands full!! I'm sure a corner sounds nice. Hope your week gets better!

:)
~Tabitha

Nicole Feliciano said...

oh my...5 gerbils..really? That is a good one.

Kathy Campbell said...

Add in our water turning brown and muddy last week? The end of the world must be coming.

kendahl a. said...

Oh my. I hate days like that! Good luck living through it.

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

Is there room in that hole for two? I could use a good hiding place this week too. Hope things turn around soon!

Chrissy said...

I know just how you feel! Lately, every little thing that could possibly go wrong is going wrong! I hope things are looking up now.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.