Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Joys of Last Minute Shopping

Twas a few days before Christmas, when all through the land,
every person was out shopping, with bags in their hand.
The children were screaming, crying for more,
my head started spinning, my ears getting sore.

The smart mamas were done, at home staying warm,
while I was out amongst it, fighting the swarm.
Daddy at work, and me all alone,
I rushed through each store, with a sigh and a moan.

When out in the food court arose such a clatter,
everyone stopped to see what was the matter.
I flew like the wind, away to the door,
I had to be done, I couldn't take anymore.


There's nothing quite like the mall two days before Christmas to remind you all about the holiday spirit. Kids are screaming, parents yelling. Oh what a joy. I made it out alive and unscathed, except the pounding headache, I'm attempting to drink away (ok, with coffee). I have one more trip to the store tomorrow, which I'm sure will be another adventure. But, I only have one thing to buy, so I'm going to cross my fingers that it is uneventful and painless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that poem! That really describes it, huh? I both love and hate the Christmas rush all at the same time. Glad you survived. :-)