Friday, December 12, 2008

Think Thin Thursdays

Yes, I'm a day late again. I'm really awful with being on time lately.

I managed to lose one pound this week, going from 143 to 142. (I have a scale photo, but I managed to kill my camera battery, so I'll have to add it later.) I keep hitting a plateau at 142, which is frustrating, so I'm going to have to try something different to get down past it. I have gotten into a healthier routine though.

So what has worked for me this week? I've started eating much better, mostly because I'm being more aware of what I'm eating. Rather than just eating what's easiest, I've found myself cooking more homemade meals. I've also cut back on snacks throughout the day.

For this coming week, my goal is to break past 142. Whether it's one pound or more, I want to get myself past that number. I'll have to combine my healthier eating choices with a few days of exercise to get myself there. I also need to work on my soda habit, which is the hardest thing for me to break.

Our task with Think Thin Thursday this week is to talk about our favorite low-calorie snack. My one indulgence has been Pringles Stix. They come in yummy flavors, like vanilla, and are less than 100 calories per pack. They are perfect to satisfy cravings for something sweet, without a lot of impact on my calorie intake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen the Pringles Stix - I'll have to look for them. I like 100 calorie packs for something sweet though, and I also tend to eat Special K bars in the afternoon. I hate going to the gym, but I try to force myself as much as possible. Congratulations on losing a pound this week, though - hopefully you find a (relatively painless) way to break past the plateau!

Bridgette said...

Great job, Staci! I have to find those Pringles Stix as well! I have never heard of them!

Cat@3KidsandUs said...

Good luck! I'm sure you can do it.