Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tell Me Something Good Tuesday

In our house, hubby does the grocery shopping. Why? I hate shopping, it doesn't matter if it's at the mall, the grocery store, or the gas station. I feel nauseous just going into those places alone. I have no idea why, I work around people, in a restaurant, and am fine, but send me to the store by myself and see me hyperventilate.

Usually hubby is pretty good at getting everything on the list, but the last few times, I've forgotten to write one, or he's forgotten to take it. So he comes homes with a ton of foods he loves, and nothing for me to eat for lunches. I'm not exaggerating, he brought home one thing I'd eat, and so I did a few days later. Lo and behold, he hadn't expected me to eat it, it was for his own lunch, and he acted like a whiny baby when he noticed it was gone. All this resulted in one completely unnecessary argument Sunday night, ending with me going to bed hungry and angry.

Last night, he said he had to stop at the grocery store on his way home. I figured, no big deal, probably just to replace his lunch I had unknowingly eaten. Then he arrives home with 5 or 6 bags of groceries instead. I went to put them away, and he says to me, "find one thing in there that you won't eat."

He had stopped and bought every one of my favorite foods, from pretzels and swiss cheese to ready-made chicken to wheat thins to (my weakness) sticky buns. He got me everything to make my salads or sandwich for lunches, all the ingredients I need for breakfasts, every yummy thing I could imagine.

It really was a sweet gesture to apologize for our stupid fight. It made me feel much better to, to know that he was thinking of me. I would've kissed him right then (if I wasn't so worried about spreading my cold cooties).


You can join in Tell Me Something Good Tuesday over at The Adventures of a Working Mom.

4 comments:

Barely Domestic Mama said...

Awwwwww. That is so sweet.

Jess NBP said...

aww that's great that he did that. :)

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

That's so sweet. My husband would never do anything like that. Lucky girl!

Cathy said...

what a great way to make up! I'm glad my hubby doesn't bring home EVERYTHING I like....I would be as big as a house! ;-)