Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Attention Kmart Shoppers...

Maybe I should start this attention Kmart management...since that's who needs to be paying attention.

About two weeks ago hubby went in to pick up a few things, getting a head start on some Christmas shopping because the toy clearance aisle had some great deals and we had a American Express gift card to use. Checking out, he ran into some issues. Card couldn't be accepted.

Now, it showed on the register screen that there was plenty of money on the card. But it kept flashing "cell center." So the girl called in for assistance. After 20 minutes of being passed from person to person on the line she found out they were missing their store number, couldn't process Am Ex gift cards, and gave up. Hubby paid in cash. $45 dollars out of pocket we hadn't planned to spend.

Flash forward to today. I go to Kmart, needing to pick up a few things. Go to checkout, pull out the gift card. Not thinking the same issue would still be going on 2 weeks later. I mean surely I'm not the only person in the world with an Am Ex card.

Well, obviously I am. Screen started flashing "call center" again. They called (same girl even apparently as hubby dealt with because she remembered him), same issue. No store number in the system. So again, I pay out $78 I hadn't planned to spend.

So, Kmart, I give up. There has been ample time to fix the issue. As a costumer it's frustrating and embarrassing to stand at the checkout holding up everyone else, people assuming my credit card's being denied or something. Snide comments coming from grandma waiting to pay for her $3 clearance jeans.

Looks like there won't be anymore blue light specials in my future.

13 comments:

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

That's pretty annoying! I'e found KMart to be a pretty unorganized chain. The one near us is a wreck.

Go Target!

Simply Being Mommy said...

We don't have Kmart's here anymore but that just sucks! Surely you can't be the only person who pays with American Express. Step it up Kmart!

JosiahsMommy said...

I'd seriously call the store's manager and explain what happened- twice. It IS embarassing to have something like that happen and it's not ok that they haven't fixed the problem.

Toni-Lynn said...

I stopped shopping at Kmart last year because it seemed no matter which location I went to or what time of day I had a problem with SOMETHING. I just stick with Target now!

Lisa P@www.isitmondayalready.com said...

Wow seriously! I would have told them to cancel the whole order as you will go somewhere that is prepared to take your money!

1stopmom said...

I completely understand. I had such a horrible experience when I went and did some back to school shopping at Kmart I ended up returning everything. I made my husband promise to never let me go there again! The service was horrible, everyone including the manager was confused. It was a mess!

MySentimentExactLee said...

Honestly I'm surprised they even called and helped you at all. Kmarts service went down hill with Sears a long time ago. I do hope they take notice.

Lee :)

tiff snedaker said...

I haven't shopped Kmart for a while because we don't have one that's that close. That ridiculous, especially when you aren't planning on spending $$ out of pocket.

Night Owl Mama said...

OH NO that is just aweful Ya would think since they are affilated with Sears they'd have it all done. Insane Sorry about the snide remarks from Grandma. HOpe that you can find somewhere fun to spend that gift card.

THanks for stopping by on ww and leaving me a comment. Please feel free to come on back and leave another comment on Heart is in the home post apparently multiple comments by the same person is excepted.
Thanks much. Tricia

Unknown said...

Ugh, that would totally annoy me too! I've had similar things happen to me before with a gift card, and it really is embarrassing, makes you feel broke or something lol.

Momstart said...

We don't have a Kmart either, they are trying to clean up their act, it just takes time, and my sister who lives in a small town said that their theater doesn't take those cards either.

emilylovescookies.blogspot.com said...

This is totally unacceptable. How embarrasing. Unfortunately, when things like this have happened to me (once at Meijer) I have found the customer service dept is usually not helpful. Even when I talk to the manager...they just don't care.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.