Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The F-Word

Little man gets off the bus and we start to walk off to the house. My head's a little cloudy. Still fighting off this cold. But he's talking a mile a minute about his day.

As we round the daycare building next door, he announces, "Momma, I gotta tell you about...about the F-WORD." He's practically screaming about it. Moms putting their kids in the car stop to look. Probably listening in, being glad it's not their kid saying it.

Of course I stop him in his tracks to ask what he's talking about. He says (with pure excitement), "You know, the f-word. FIELD TRIP!!!"

Oh me, on my. Thank goodness that's the only f-word he needed to bring up.

10 comments:

Beeb said...

LOL!! That is so cute!!

Haasiegirl said...

whew, now that could have been scary!

trisha
momdot.com

Janessa said...

Well duhhhh Mom, how could you not know that it was "field trip"??? LOL Very cute blog!

I found you on momdot.

Susie said...

Whew! Crisis averted:-)

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Innocence reigns supreme! What a lucky mom you are... now. Hopefully he won't learn any of the bad f-words too soon. =S

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Yeah that would give me a scare too!

Lisa P@www.isitmondayalready.com said...

hahah bet you were relieved!

Lucy postpartumillness.com said...

That is so funny. My son came home from kindergarten and told me he hated me for the first time in his life so I was totally expecting the real f deal. Glad he hasnt heard it yet.

Lucy

Teaching My Children said...

That is so funny. My son thought the F word was Fart.

Ry Sal said...

Nice! I rue the day that my Will says the F word - THE REAL one. Any day now... especially if he keeps hanging around with my husband! Thanks for your comments at For the Birds! Very nice blog you have here!