Monday, September 28, 2009

Losing It

I talk a lot. My mom has always told me that my son is just like me (and it's payback). Guess I talked a lot as a kid too.

Well, Friday night I got a little scratchiness in my throat. I figured I was finally catching the cough little man has had for the past week. Saturday, it was a little worse. Then Sunday I woke up without a voice at all.

Waitressing for 8 hours Sunday morning was interesting to say the least. Thankfully people were sympathetic.

Now it's been two days where I've barely been able to whisper. I'm learning just how hard it is to discipline a 5 year old when you can't get out a single word. A forceful whisper just isn't cutting it. And hubby thinks this whole thing is just hilarious. That is until he needs to know something and has to get right in my face to hear my answer.

Me? I feel like I'm going crazy. It's so tough not to be heard, not to be able to just say what I'm thinking. All I want to do is crawl under the covers and wait for my voice to return.

5 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

So glad to find your blog in my blog hopping tonight..Hope you will stop by my Christmas blog. I have a GREAT giveaway that I will draw for on
Oct 1 and a comment is all it takes to enter....Turn up the music....
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

Kimi said...

UGH. I had this a few weeks back and it was miserable. I totally sympathize! Hope you get feeling better really soon.

kendahl a. said...

I'm so sorry! I hate when that happens. Especially with kids - they take full advantage of it. Feel better soon!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Bummer hope you feel better soon!

Beeb said...

That is awful, I hope you feel better soon!!!