Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dr Seuss!

Little Man's kindergarten class is celebrating Dr Seuss's birthday all week long. He is so excited that they get to wear funky socks tomorrow and has had no less than 52 times if it's Thursday yet, because they get to wear pajamas to class.

Since he's so excited about the week's topic, we've been celebrating at home too. We've read Cat in the Hat, Fox in Socks, Oh! The Places You'll Go, as well as every other Seuss book he can find every night.

His absolute favorite is There's a Wocket in my Pocket. So we decided to create our own copycat story.
We chose places for the critters to live out of some old magazines, Little Man drew each of the "monsters," and he told me what to write on each page. The Fry-Pod listening to his I-Pod cracked me up.

I was lucky to find blank Golden Books one day a Micheal's awhile back. I adore these things. What can be cooler to a (book-obsessed) five year old than creating a book that looks authentic?!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

How fun! And what a great idea to create a copycat version - that's so creative. (You always have the best ideas.) I also love that you found a blank Golden Book! I didn't know they had those.