Last week my mom called to tell me that Little Man's teacher had called her aside (since she teaches in the same school). Of course, I was instantly afraid something was wrong, that he was in trouble for something. But it turns out she just wanted to say how impressed she was with his dancing.
Apparently, they spend the last 10-15 minutes of the day listening to music and dancing. Most of the boys refuse to dance at all. But Little Man is more than willing to get up, dance and sing. He's the same way at home too-a huge
Recently we had the chance to listen to the latest CD from Los Lobos. Los Lobos
has sold millions of records over their 36-year career. Their sound combines rock, R & B, jazz, blues, and country sounds with traditional Spanish and Mexican music.
Los Lobos Goes Disney includes a selection of fun, fast-paced Disney songs-from classics like The Bare Necessities
to Disneyland-inspired tunes like Grim Grinning Ghosts
and The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room
The full track list:
1. Heigh-Ho - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
2. I Wan'na Be Like You - The Jungle Book
3. Not in Nottingham - Robin Hood
4. The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room - The Enchanted Tiki Room
5. Grim Grinning Ghosts - The Haunted Mansion
6. I Will Go Sailing No More - Toy Story
7. The Ugly Bug Ball - Summer Magic
8. Cruella De Vil - 101 Dalmations
9. Bella Notte - Lady and the Tramp
10. Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah - Song of the South
11. The Bare Necessities - The Jungle Book
12. Oo-De-Lally - Robin Hood
13. When You Wish Upon a Star/It's A Small World
Little Man loved hearing a new take on songs he already enjoyed. He was up and dancing the minute I started the music. His first comment was "it's jazzy, mommy." And he requested Grim Grinning Ghosts to be played over and over.
The sound is upbeat, but doesn't necessarily sound like kid's music at first. It's a CD that mommy can listen to without feeling crazy (like I do when I've heard Animal Alphabet for the 16th time in one day).
Little Man gives it two thumbs up (followed by some crazy dance moves). Los Lobos Goes Disney will be available for purchase in stores October 27th 2009. But you can also buy a copy now at Amazon
.Thanks to Total Assault for providing a copy of the CD for review.