Over at Small Talk Six, today’s topic is “6 things you do, used to do, or would like to do to relax.” You can answer this with a list of 6 words, 6 phrases, 6 sentences, 6 paragraphs, 6 photos, 6 videos, etc...
I can say, first of all, it's been a long time since I've really gotten a chance to relax, but when I had time for it...
1. I loved a nice hot bubble bath (without people banging on the door, yelling through it, or barging in to add toys to my water).
2. I loved to read. Anything and everything. Give me a good book and I was content until the last page.
3. I would snowboard. Something about being out in the mountains by yourself is so relaxing.
4. I loved to drive. Just to drive. I would pick a direction and just go.
5. I used to write poetry. It was an easy way to get all my thoughts out and put my mind at ease. I only wrote for myself, and that was all that mattered.
6. Before having my little one, I would nap for hours out in a hammock. So peaceful.
Even though I can say I don't get a lot of time to rest or relax anymore, I still wouldn't change it for anything.
Want to join in? Go here to learn how and to view the weekly list Small Talk Six topics for 2009.