Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Brand New Year

Am I the only one completely unprepared for it to be 2009? I feel like the year has flown by, like so many years before. I still remember the excitement years ago when we were ringing in the new millennium, with so many people concerned that it would bring with it the end of things as we knew it. While that isn't quite what happened, so much has changed since then, that it's almost impossible to think of where I was in the years past.

Every year, I start with a list of New Year's resolutions. By the end of January, most of them are forgotten or ignored. It's tough to create a list of goals, without knowing exactly how I'll be able to achieve them. So this year, while I'm still setting some goals for myself, I'll also be making myself a list of how I can actually make them into reality. Blame it on the Type A personality.

1. Spend more time with my son: This means more than just being around him, but spending quality time with him. Making each moment into a memory. Today we used every moment to it's fullest. Lots of Playdough fossils were created, artwork was drawn, and games were played. The smiles and hugs that followed were the biggest reward anyone could ask for.

2. Make more time to be with the hubby: With him being at work so much this holiday season, I feel as though we've barely passed one another each day. I want to find new ways to fall in love, remember what drew us to each other, and see new things to celebrate each day. I want to find happiness in holding his hand, feel completely absorbed in his words, and lose track of time just being with him.

For 2009, those are my only two resolutions. While I have many other goals I plan to set, these are the two closest to my heart. Keeping these as a top priority will allow everything else to fall into place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think putting family first is a great resolution. I like the idea of having a real plan of attack - because, like you, I usually forget all about whatever it is I resolved to do!