Friday, January 2, 2009

First Kisses

As part of my New Year's resolution, I am searching out ways to reconnect with the hubby. He hasn't made it easy today, waking up as a complete grump. I had a rough night last night, sleeping horribly, waking up constantly, and feeling as though my eyes had barely closed at all when GM decided it was time to get out of bed today. I asked hubby to get up and let me sleep a few extra minutes, to which he responded with pure crankiness, blaming me for staying up too late.

But, I'm trying to get passed that, and remember back to when things were so much simpler between us. When mornings weren't a competition of who was more tired or who was crabbier. Days when we slept in late, didn't worry about bills being late, or whether work clothes were clean. Days when we'd go to the park on a whim, go for coffee at midnight, or spend an afternoon lounging in bed watching old movies.

It got me to thinking about our first kiss. First kisses bring with them a certain excitement, a sense of nervousness and passion all mixed together. It's hard to think that our first kiss, and our last first kiss, was almost six years ago.

August 30, 2003
It started out as innocent fun. Late night drinks on the neighborhood back porch, sneaking out to meet one other, going to the cottage to talk for hours. That's where we had our first kiss. "A penny for your thoughts" is how it started. My thought was to lean in and kiss him softly, sparks flying. My legs visibly trembled, I blamed it on the cold. He held me close, and for the first time in years, I felt safe and comfortable.

4 comments:

Bloggymommy said...

What a beautiful first kiss! Sorry that he's being a dork right now; it too shall pass! lol

I still remember my hubs and my first kiss too. It was at work in the break area. I remember being shocked that he even came in for one seeing as how he was kinda shy. I still remember the butterflies I had in my belly!

Colleen said...

ahh how sweet!

My hubby and I were just talking about ours a couple days ago. I remember my hubby having me close my eyes, leaving and then coming back with a freshly cut rose. It was dripping from the dew that night. It was so romantic.

Sweet memories. I was reading earlier your resolutions earlier and thinking that is exactly what I was thinking about too!

Melissa said...

What a great post! You could be describing me too. I need to seriously reconnect with hubby too. Life and kids have somehow gotten in the way of us. Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Hi, you won The Popcorn Factory giveaway on Hip Mama's Place! Congratulations! :)

Pls send me your mailing address via: hipmamasplace@gmail.com.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!