Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Chaos

This weekend felt like a never-ending Christmas.

We started Thursday, having Christmas with the in-laws. Little Man was so excited about with the new bike they brought him, as well as the one they brought for mommy and daddy to share. Seeing as how mommy hasn't ridden a bike in over 15 years, it may be a very interesting gift.


Christmas morning was filled with excitement, a flurry of wrapping paper, and lots of coffee.
Christmas #3 at my parents was even more eventful, with 3 kids age 6 and under, plus a whole slew of adults.
Our Christmas events finally ended after two trips to great-grandparents' houses and a visit from my sister. So after a total of 6 (6!?!) mini-celebrations, we are trying to recover from the madness.
My house looks like Santa's sack exploded. There are toys needing new homes, new clothes I need to squeeze into closets, and pots and pans waiting to replace my pathetic 8 year old, scratched and dented Dollar Store set. But I'm exhausted just thinking about it and ready for a nap.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and has rested up from all the excitement!

12 comments:

Mandy said...

Enjoyed looking at your pictures. Your little guy looks like he was having a blast!

Anonymous said...

Oh sounds like fun! Our day was pretty relaxed as I was sick as a dog in bed all day, missed last half of present opening and didn't get to bring my daughter to her Dad's which is where she has been since Christmas late morning :-( I get to see her 2night though for a couple nights, and then back here again on New years eve! I miss her tons!

Hugs,
Brandy

sheila said...

I know, all that prep work, and it's over in a twinkle of an eye!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Wow, that was a lot of festiveness! :) I am told that once you learn to ride a bike, you never forget. I hope that's true for you! LOL

The Fritz Facts said...

And I thought I had a lot with 4! Hope you are relaxing and getting some rest!

Menopausal New Mom said...

What a great Christmas you had! He's adorable and such a big boy on that bike!

Muthering Heights said...

Wow, it sounds like you're going to be busy organizing until the New Year!!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

How cute and bright your little man is!
I love his innocent smiles, it shines the whole earth :)!

Happy new Year!
Best!

http://www.jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com
just in case you want to know where i live.
welcome!

Joe. said...

Six?!! Holy cow, I'd definitely have need a vacay after that many vists, but I bet ur son had the best time!

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

Sounds like a blast!

I hear ya' about having to find new homes for all these toys.

Unknown said...

What a great Christmas!

You'd stopped by my blog a while back and commented on a future giveaway I was to be having. Well, it's up and running, Healthy Holiday Giveaway: WAT-AAH! Come check it out!

http://carrigansjoy.blogspot.com/2009/12/healthy-holiday-giveaway-wat-aah.html

Jessie said...

Great shots! Christmas is just so much fun with the little ones. I am sure you have already been cooking up a storm with your new pots and pans :) I also replaced ours this year and am so glad I did!