Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Take a Minute...

I spent last night snuggling close to my 5 year old. Thanking God that I had him there to hold.

Was it really just yesterday morning that I was annoyed that he was running late for school? Yelling at him to eat faster?

Why is it that it takes a tragedy to remind us of how much we have?

Last night we heard news of Shellie's loss. Her two year old tragically passed away yesterday afternoon. Just typing those words makes my heart ache. I can't imagine why God would take such a little soul...

It's been amazing to see both the Twitter community and the MomDot family surrounding her with love. Coming together in the light of this horrible event to do what they can.Take a moment today and say a prayer for Shellie and her family. Even if you're not the praying kind. Take just a minute and send good thoughts her way. Give your kids a hug. Tell them how much you love them.

4 comments:

Kim @ What's That Smell? said...

I keep thinking about the little things that I harp on my kids about or that frustrate me (like right now it is taking my 6 year old 2 hours to eat a hot dog)...and seen against the backdrop of what Shellie is going through...they are so trivial and I should be GLAD my kid is here annoying me...

that wasn't very eloquent..but I think it made sense...

Rob said...

I agree it is weird how a tragedy makes us as people see what is really important. Thanks for sharing.

Liz Mays said...

I have been praying for her and her family. It's just so heartbreaking!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Such a great reminder!