Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Daddy's Home

The hubby's been off work for almost a month. It's not that he doesn't have a job, he does. And it's definitely not that I don't want him there, I do. Somehow, he hurt his shoulder right after Christmas, and he doesn't think he can handle all the lifting and slinging he has to do at work.

It's been just shy of a month. Four long weeks. The little one and I have our routines when he's not here during the day, and lately, we are really missing that. It's hard to suddenly have him around all. the. time.

Honestly, I am at my wits end. I've been to work more often than he has in the past month, and yet, I'm still basically solely responsible for making the household run on my own. Cleaning, laundry, dishes, bills, bathtime, bedtime. Cooking on occasion is about the extent he is contributing.

I could scream at him to do something. Instead, I tend to mutter cuss words at him under my breath. I shoot dirty looks at him from across the room. I make snide little comments when I get the chance.

I need him to go back to work. I need my days back to just me and the little one. I need my old routine. I need him to get off his behind and help out. I just really need to feel like I'm not in this alone.

Oh, and the little one's take on it?

Today: Mommy, can you loan daddy some of your money? I really want to buy (insert whatever was on the commercial I was ignoring). Daddy hasn't been to work in a long time, he needs your money.

Love it. At least the 4 year old knows where I'm coming from.

3 comments:

Wisconsin Parent said...

Oh good. I feel way less guilty for doing the same thing!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.