Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday's Amusing Moment

We're sitting in a next-to-empty Wendy's, chowing down on some chicken nuggets. Little man and I were checking out the kid's meal bag, which had photos of some crowns on it. One tall and skinny, one short and fat, and one in the middle. Asking which he wanted, he pointed to the middle one.

He asked which I wanted, and I chose the tall skinny one, which any princess would want. It was completely adorable. His response: Momma, your head is too fat for that one. Then holding up his imaginary tape measure he announces, you need the fat crown.

The lone college kid nearby, burst out with laughter, and really, who could blame him? I guess momma and her fat head should just eat at home from now on.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Kids can be so wonderful for your self esteem. ;) I'm sure the skinny princess crown would fit just fine!

Trish said...

That is too funny! Kids do say the funniest things. Be sure to write this down somewhere so when he gets older you can remind him of it. I bet he'd get a kick out it.

Cascia Talbert said...

That is cute. He was so innocent with that comment. Writing it down is a good idea.

tara said...

oh my goodness! That is so cute, I mean I'm sure the tall skinny one would have fit just fine :) Kids are just too funny!

Anonymous said...

Awww. I wouldn't worry - your head doesn't look that big. :-) In fact, the crown would probably detract from it. ;-) Cute story!

Sarah said...

I was told I have a big head too. Why does that hurt so bad? It's not like they are announcing your butt. But it hurts just the same.