Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Reclaiming my Space

Even though we moved into this house almost 8 months ago, we've still fought with feeling like it's home. Don't get me wrong, it is a wonderful house, and we love it here, but it still feels "new."

Since living here, little man has been sleeping in our room (in his own bed). His bedroom is one of the only ones we decorated, but he has wanted nothing to do with it, and rarely even uses his playroom either. We all have a habit of converging in the living room and staying there all day.

So, in a four bedroom house, one is being used. Today, my goal is to change that. I'm shuffling toys around, so that there are more in his bedroom, adding more decor, and organizing like crazy. I'm hoping that it will make the room more appealing. My ultimate goal is to have him sleeping in his own room by next week.

Wish me luck as I try to reclaim my own room! I'm off to continue on with my rearranging trek.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh good luck! I am trying to organize around here too. It is a neverending task for me.

Emily ~ Little Window Shoppe said...

I just rearranged the toys in our house too - and it was the best change for my house! We have been experiencing similar things and it was time... :)

Trish said...

that would drive me nuts! Good luck! We mainly hang out in one room too, but we sleep in separate rooms.

Anonymous said...

Good luck getting everything organized and SPREADING OUT!

ChefDruck said...

Good luck! You NEED your room back. keep at it... he'll migrate and settle in.

Sarah said...

Funny! With the remodeling going on in the girls' room, we are about to move Munch in for the week. I'm going to hate this aren't I? Crap! One more reason to paint fast.