Saturday, August 23, 2008

Wanna Play Doctor?

Hearing those words, "wanna play doctor?" coming out of the mouth of a 4-year-old is enough to make any momma cringe. No one can really know what to expect from a 4-year-old to start with, let alone what lengths they'll go to to play doctor.

So, I'm standing in the kitchen and hear Little M, GM's cousin, asking him if he'd like to play. I keep my distance, but make sure I can see and hear what's going on. She proceeds to tell him that she's having a baby and he is to take it out. (Oh my goodness!) I watch as she pushes out her little belly, trying her hardest to play the part. He holds a stethoscope up, listens for a second, and proudly annouces, "The baby is asleep, she will be coming out at 4 o'clock." Then he moves on to playing cars. (Whew!)

No comments: