Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Finally We're Eating...

So my kid who wouldn't eat lunch, the one who came home with a full lunch box every day since September, is finally eating. Wahoo!

I could seriously do a cheer. I was so tired of sending food that was never touch, of packing lunches that barely got opened, or buying food I knew would go to waste.

Finally, Little Man is eating. And all it took was a little creative thinking. (Okay, and possibly the threat of making him buy lunch. Gasp.)

Apparently, food tastes better when it's shaped like an animal. Sandwiches are okay, as long as they don't look like a sandwich (or contain any meat.) And lunch time is more fun when your friends "try to steal food" from your lunch box.Though I was told, "No more tails, Mommy. They get all soggy and sticky and gross." Well, now I know.

11 comments:

Jessie said...

I am glad that is working out for you! We cut our sandwiches into shapes with cookie cutters. They get to choose which one they want so it makes lunch special for them. I wonder if our parents did all this creative work to get us to eat or did they just say eat or starve lol :) My grandmother said eat or starve - old school :)

Pink Haired Momma said...

Oh my goodness super cute food ideas. Love the piggie!!

I sometime make shapes for Baby DVA but she is so young she doesntcare, and she tosses it off the highchair!

I am glad you found a solution to get your little one to eat. I hope it sticks!!

Cascia Talbert said...

Great tips! Glad to hear he is eating. I love your food creations!

AmyK said...

That's so stinking cute! I wish my stepdaughter would go for it, but ... yeah right! If it's not chicken nuggets, it's not okay. I'll have to keep these cute little things in mind when I have my own kids!

Alyyy616 said...

That food's pretty cute! I know that sounds like a weird thing to say, but it's true. I kinda feel bad now because I used to be a picky eater and I believe it drove everyone crazy.

Anonymous said...

That is so creative!!! Now why didn't I think of that to get my 3 year old to eat his "meals" he would snack all day if I let him but when it comes to meal time it's near impossible to get him to eat lately!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Love those, so creative!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
notmadewithcheese said...

I love the creations! The pig is REALLY cute! :) My kids love their stuff shaped into dinosaurs, both my daughter and my son.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.