Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tackle It Tuesday

Before getting sick week before last, I had decided it was finally time to declutter the den. Our den has become the catch-all for the house. The room really has no purpose, other than storage, but everyone uses our back door, which brings them right through the mess den.

After pulling everything off the shelves, I purged two trash bags worth of stuff. Can I just say how hard it is to throw away anything my son has created? Even the littlest scribbles were tough to part with. But I know I still have plenty of them around.I remembered to snap photos about halfway through. Probably a good day into the project (which is why there is stuff all over the floor already). I can't believe how much stuff has gotten left out there. Ridiculous.
Now, everything has found a home, and a label. It's not perfect, but it's much easier on the eyes.
The craft supplies have found a new home-inside a spice rack that has sat unused since we got married. 6 years ago.
And the books have found room to fill shelves. Rather than random stacks around the house, they are all organized on an actual shelf.

Whew!

Through it all, I learned that (1) we own way too much stuff, (2) my mantra is one thing at a time, and (3) next time the den looks like a tornado hit, I'm recruiting hubby and the little one to help clean the mess they helped create. Oh, and that I love organizing in the most random ways possible. I'm so weird.

8 comments:

Braley Mama said...

You are not weird, I like to organize in strange ways to. Whatever works,huh:) Have a blessed day!!!

Upstatemamma said...

I wish I would organize in ANY way - whether it was strange or not. :)

My Trendy Tykes said...

That's a lot of books....

ROCK ON GIRL!

Susie said...

Awesome tackle!!

The Household 6 Diva said...

What a GREAT idea to use the spice containers for craft supplies!!! (I'm sooo putting that on my garage sale hunting list!)

Awesome Tackle! :)

Mikki said...

Hello there!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
What a cute place you have here and I love the name!! LOL!

Eos Mom said...

Great job!

Penelope said...

I like the idea of a rackle it tuesday meme...especially since i have tons to do.