Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bedtime Wishes

Our bedtime routine includes reading silly poetry books, to "get the giggles out" before going to sleep. Some of our favorites are Where the Sidewalk Ends, Falling Up, and It's Raining Pigs and Noodles.

One of the the poems is about Lester, the wish collector. Lester only uses his wishes to wish for wishes, and wishes, and more wishes. He does nothing with his life, except sit and count his "wealth," until he finally dies.

And they counted the lot and found that not
A single one was missing.
All shiny and new--here, take a few
And think of Lester as you do.
In a world of apples and kisses and shoes
He wasted his wishes on wishing.

After reading this, I questioned GM about what he would use his wish for. His answer was sweet and simple. "I wish that you would stay here and snuggle." It was so cute. And, I couldn't deny his wish, so I stayed a little longer and gave him all the extra snuggles he could want. I couldn't wish for anything else either.

1 comment:

Jess NBP said...

you have an award on my blog!