Thursday, October 30, 2008

Trick or Treat

GM announced today that grandpa would be trick or treating as an "old goat." I wonder if grandpa knew about that. He was very serious about the idea, not quite understanding the underlying context. I burst out laughing every time he brought it up.

About 6, he headed out to make our rounds, knocking on neighbors doors and getting more candy than we will ever eat. All night long we heard (jokingly), stinky, p-u, don't come near me! It seemed that being a skunk was scarier than dressing as a ghost or ghoul. One guy jumped out from the bushes, GM turned around and yelled, "you better watch out, or I'll spray!"


I'm glad the night is over and we won't need to peruse the neighborhood again for sweets until next year. It was fun to see GM's face light up as he got candy, and hearing him thank people without prompting. But, it was tiring, GM was in a hurry to get to the next house, he kept announcing, "one down, lots to go." He had also snuck some chocolate before heading out, so he was buzzed on sugar and not listening nearly as well as usual. As much as I love Halloween, I'm glad I have another 12 months before we'll have to see it again.

12 comments:

Bloggymommy said...

Am I missing something? Girl how did you guys already go trick or treating? Halloween's tomorrow! Well, glad you had fun! :)

Maude Lynn said...

I always enjoy Halloween, and I'm always glad it's over.

Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Great costume and he is so cute, the little Stinker!

Haasiegirl said...

what a handsome guy!

trisha

Anonymous said...

He's a sweetie!

And yes, thank God it's over for yet another year!

Anonymous said...

It gets easier (sort of, lol) as they get older. Also, if you want to do something with all that candy, I wrote a WFMW post about the Candy Fairy last week. :o)

Your Pepe Le Pew is a cutie!

Blessings, Whitney

Anonymous said...

He looks so cute!

The old goat thing is funny!

Anonymous said...

Adorable costume and LOL at the Old Goat comment

Princess Hairstyles said...

he he....I'm still laughing about the "old goat" comment.

Bridgette said...

Great costume!! Looks like y'all had fun!

AJ @ A Little Bit Nutty said...

He is so cute! Sounds like you guys had a blast.

Shasta said...

What cute little skunk!!