Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Good, the Bad & the Miserable

So, ya'll have to forgive me for not having a real post in a few days. It has been a hectic few days. This may not even qualify as a "real" post, but it's about the best I'll get for now.

The Good:
1. Parties: GM went to Little M's (his cousin) birthday party on Sunday and had a blast. It was hosted in a gym, and they got to learn all sorts of fun thing. The jumped on trampolines, walked on balance beams, and played games. Some of the kids even got to "fly," they put them in a belt and pulled them about 15 feet in the air. GM declined the ride. He looked at me and announced "Momma, that's much too dangerous. What happens if the belt comes off?" Where does he get it? I won't mention that I had just muttered similar words to another mom moments before he came over.

2. Parades: We went to our little local parade with some friends last night. The kids got a ton of candy. Between 3 of them, they had seven bags of candy. I have enough Tootsie Rolls and Dum Dums to last until next Halloween, and we haven't even gone trick-or-treating yet.

The Bad:
1. Work: I got conned into working both days this weekend. Since I'm not used to actually getting up two days in a row, I overslept on Sunday. I was supposed to be at work by 8 on Sunday, and woke up at 7:40 when my mom called to see why I was late dropping off GM. I jumped out of bed, showered, and was at work by 8:30. Being late is the worst thing I can do, I just feel off the rest of the day.

2. Dishwasher: Friday I had noticed that the dishes were going in the dishwasher dirty and coming out dirtier. Now, I'm not one to call someone to fix it, I was sure I could do it myself. So, I dove in, I spent an hour practically inside the dishwasher. I took it apart, scrubbed out the gunk I found, scrubbed some more, you get the idea. I finally got it back together this morning, I'm running a cleaner, and hoping all our problems are solved.

The Miserable:
1. The Hubby: Friday he started getting sick, just like I did a few weeks ago. So he managed to get through work until Saturday, but has called off the last few days. He's spent most of the last few days sleeping, coughing, sleeping some more.

2. Little GM: Yesterday, after I got out of the shower, hubby walks in with a thermometer reading 99.7. I assumed it was hubby's temp. But, no, it was the little ones. He is hot, snotty, and just uncomfortable. He's spent most of the morning lounging on the couch with cartoons and his bag of candy. He's not actually eating it though, just digging through and passing out the pieces he doesn't want. My pile seems to be growing beside me, but I was pretty thankful he handed over a chocolate tootsie pop. Mmm...


Anonymous said...

I hope everyone feels better soon. Being sick is rotten :-(

Bridgette said...

I hope everyone's feeling better!

AJ @ A Little Bit Nutty said...

I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon. We're passing something around here also. I'll be so glad when we are back to normal.