Friday, October 10, 2008

Momma Needs a Clean House

I have this obsession with watching Clean House. Maybe because I'm a closet hoarder. Just kidding, I'm content with my hoarding being public knowledge. Our house is tidy, we just have a lot of stuff. I feel guilty throwing away anything my son has made, and can't bear to part with my old wardrobe, in hopes that it will someday fit. I have found all sorts of ways to organize everything, bins, totes, folders. You name it, we've tried it.

Yet, the part of our house that drives me crazy is our carpets. We moved into our house about 3 months ago, and the carpets are kind of gross. The last tenants must have spilled stuff on them once a week, and just ignored the messes. Needless to say, we love the house, hate the carpet, so our furniture is strategically placed to cover their stains.

Then, there’s the munchkin who eats anywhere in the house, and daddy, who’s the king of spilling things. At least once a week, I’m scrubbing soda or milk or who knows what out of the carpet (usually from the bigger culprit).

Finally, there’s the cat. She a Himalayan, so she sheds everywhere, and I won’t even discuss the hairball issue.

MomDot and Bissell are coming to the rescue. They have a brand new Bissell ProDry up for grabs for one lucky momma. So head on over here to enter.

3 comments:

Haasiegirl said...

Yeah! thankyou for posting this!

trisha

A New Life said...

What a beautiful sweet looking kitten...

Bloggymommy said...

I feel like you just wrote about my family! My kids spill things every time they enter a room and the carpet is destroyed! I also keep everything that I can! All of my daughter's first art projects and well first everythings! And don't even get me started on keeping old clothes that don't fit anymore! I still have clothes that I don't fit into anymore and aren't even in style...but ya never know, that style may come back when I loose weight! lol Great blog!