Tuesday, May 5, 2009

More

There are a few things in this world I could use more of.
Hugs and smiles,
giggles and belly laughs,
bare toes running through the grass,
and sweet smelling flowers filling up my kitchen table.

I could use more I love yous and kisses,
hand holding and bedtime stories.

I could use more knock-knock jokes,
more games of hide and seek,
and more pictures on my fridge.I don't ever want to be afraid
To walk the world in my own way
I don't ever wanna lose my faith
In all the little simple things

And even if it all falls down

I know it'll come back around

I never wanna not believe
That someone has a plan for me
Live every moment as if, it's the last one
Find all the love deep within and give it away
Be thankful for all I've been given
From now on this is how I want to write

The story of my life.
~Lee Ann Womack

8 comments:

jubilee said...

Love the simplicity and truth of this post.

Lee Ann is awesome!

Cascia Talbert said...

That is beautiful! Is that just a poem by her or did she write music to go along with it?

sheila said...

Oh, that was a really really sweet post!

Kaycee said...

These simple things really are the best, aren't they?

Peace said...

Delightful poem, thanks for a lovely moment of sunshine in a busy day!

Bloggymommy said...

Love it! Very inspiring! Cute pic of you two!

Chrissy said...

All, I love that. And I needed this today. Very sweet!

jen@odbt said...

Beautiful post. I will never tire of those things either.